Sunday, April 19, 2009

Every Where I Go

I was visiting some friends in Atlanta recently. Fabulous fun!

I haven't seen many of these women since our last college reunion. Needless to say, our lifestyles are beginning to show. I have become a yogini in mind, body, and spirit. So I invited my friends to take some classes with me. I just don't like to miss an opportunity for some asana practice. Anyhoo, more than half agreed and off we went to their first hot yoga class.

They were challenged and they loved it. One of my friends even commented that during class was the first time she could remember that we she wasn't thinking about or worrying about anything. In other words, she was truly in the present. She's says to me later, "so this is how you do it." I smiled and replied, "yes, every where I go".

This week I encourage you to take the lessons from your asana practice and apply them to your everyday experiences. Waiting impatiently in line at the grocery store is really an opportunity to open yourself up to meeting a new friend. Receiving the wrong order at a restaurant is really a reminder to savor each meal you receive. Feeling angry because the jerk behind the counter is behaving like a tree stump is an opportunity to practice your breathwork. Practice and apply your yoga every where you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment